All binary copper-tin alloys with a tin content of up to about 20% are known as bronze.
Bronze is among the oldest known copper alloys (Bronze Age). Its strength is impressive as is its excellent corrosion resistance and good conductivity of heat and electricity.
Application areas for bronze include:
- Machinery and tool construction
- Heat exchangers
- Spring and contact elements in electrical technology
- Processing gemstones
- Art casting
- Commemorative plaques
CuSn6 is the standard type of bronze in our production program:
- DIN: CuSn6; UNS: C51900; BS: CW 452K (PB103); ISO: CuSn6)
- Alloy made of copper and 6% tin
- Very good mechanical properties
- Very high corrosion resistance
- Good conductivity for heat and electricity