Nickel-silver (German silver)
Nickel-silver is a silver colored copper-nickel-zinc alloy with high corrosion resistance and high strength. Nickel-silver can only be hardened with cold working, e.g. by forging or rolling. Temperatures over 500°C are required to soften it again.
Techncial Datasheet (PDF)
Further names for nickel-silver include:
- German silver ("plata alemana" in Spanish)
Nickel-silver application areas:
- Silverware and tableware
- Devices for precision engineering, electrical technology, medical applications
- Shielding EMI
- Wind and string instruments
- Frames for Glasses
Nickel-silver foils are used in the following areas:
- Electrical technology
- Etching technology
- Antennas and contacts in telecommunications
We offer the following standard types of nickel-silver:
- CuNi18Zn20 (DIN: CuNi18Zn20; UNS: C 76400; EN: CuNi18Zn20)
Other types of nickel-silver can be requested; we would be happy to assist you.
Coil Calculator for Metal Foils
Outer diameter, weight, foil length and much more: With our practical calculators, you can calculate the essential key figures of a ring yourself and thus obtain detailed information on the metal foil required in your project.