A roll-clad composite is a composite material that consists of several different layers of metal. The metal layers may be clad in various thicknesses. The individual layers of a roll-clad composite material are inseparably joined.
An advantageous combination of materials will lead to different properties that can not be achieved with the individual materials alone.
Technical Datasheets (PDF)
The advantages of our rolled cladding technology include:
- Single-sided cladding is possible
- Various layer thicknesses on either side for double-sided cladding
- Various layer materials on either side for double-sided cladding
- No flux agents used for tinning copper
- Uniform layer thickness across the width of the strip
SCHLENK Metal Foils offers three standard roll-clad composites:
1. CIC (copper-invar-copper)
- The invar foil is the core material that is clad on both sides with a copper foil.
- Application areas include special circuits, metal cores and heat sinks.
- The composite foil can be provided without having been treated (uncoated).
2. Silvered copper, roll-clad (Cu/Ag)
- The good conductivity of the copper is combined with silver`s high gloss.
- In addition, the silver surface offers good protection from corrosion.
3. Tinned copper, roll clad (Cu/Sn)
- Various tin and tin-solder layers are available.
|cladding||3% / 4% / 5,6% of total thickness|
|cladding||10% / 13% of total thickness|
Coil Calculator for Metal Foils
Outer diameter, weight, foil length and much more: With our practical calculators, you can calculate the essential key figures of a ring yourself and thus obtain detailed information on the metal foil required in your project.